Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Brian

Hello my name is Brian and I live in Adams County, PA. I would like to tell you about my last 43 years of having Juvenile Ankylosing Spondylitis.

I was born with this disease. My childhood was not like most kids....mine was full of pain. I had no answers until I was 9 years old and was diagnosed with this disease. I only took anti-inflammatory meds, pain meds, muscle relaxers, and cannabis until about 2005. I then took a chance on a non FDA approved medicine for two years called Remicade. I continued this for a few more years and had to stop because my insurance wouldn’t pay the cost of $5800.00 every 6 weeks. I am now taking Humira, which is not working, and costs $2500.00 every two weeks. I experience upset stomach, panic disorder, depression, lung disease, restless leg syndrome, irritable bowel syndrome, diverticulitis, chronic headaches, iritis, and I am not able to walk much, if any, on a daily basis.

Even with all the meds I am on I don’t get much relief. The list of side effects from these meds go on for pages. Cannabis still has been the best medication I have taken yet. Below are a few studies I would like to share on arthritis and cannabis

The Big Debate: Medical Marijuana for Arthritis and Chronic Pain
Does Marijuana Help Arthritis?
Medical Cannabis and Arthritis

I am proud to say that I am 23 years clean of hard street drugs, which I consider to be crack, cocaine, heroin, and meth, but thanks to cannabis and its medical value I was able to kick the hard street drugs.

In 2009, after having two collapsed lungs caused by my arthritis, I was unable to work and I lost a great job. It took me a year to find another job that would work for me with my disability. Shortly after 2010, I was told I had thyroid and lung cancer. Well, I lost my second good job due to the cancer and procedures. My world was turned upside down and I lost everything I owned. Sad to say SSI doesn’t think this is a disability! I refused any kind of treatment for the cancer, and instead sought Cannabis because it has been proven to saves lives and kill cancer cells. My doctor wasn’t on board with it and said it wouldn’t work.

I had surgery to take care of the thyroid problem. I did a lot of research and decided to drive to California in search of two different strains of cannabis, one low in THC and high in CBD to treat the cancer, the other high in THC to smoke for the pain and to help me eat and sleep. I found the medicine I needed and drove home to make the CBD oil, which I learned how to make from people in California and from an online resource.


At this point I knew what type of medicine I had and knew the dose to use...a few drops of oil a day. At my two month checkup, tests showed less cancer cells. After eight months, 50% of the cancer cells were gone. One year and two months later, my doctor looked at me and was amazed at how it had worked. You couldn't even tell I had had cancer. I am going on three years cancer-free and still doing great. My doctor is now looking into more studies about cannabis.

Cannabis saved my life and is still the best medicine I have ever taken. I had no negative side effects or damage done to my body like what occurs with from FDA approved chemicals.

No comments:

Post a Comment